gospel
from Old English, gōd spell "good news"
a writing that describes the life of Jesus


Monday, February 15, 2010

prepare ye / god save the people | godspell



Prepare ye the way of the Lord. . . .

You vipers' brood!
Who warned you to escape from the coming retribution?
Then prove your repentance by the fruit it bears;
and do not presume to say to yourselves,
"We have Abraham for our father."
I tell you that God can make children for Abraham
out of these stones here.
Already the axe is laid to the roots of the trees;
and every tree that fails to produce good fruit
is cut down and thrown on the fire.
I baptize you with water, fro repentance;
but He who comes after me is mightier than I.
I am not fit to take off his shoes.
He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

Hey!

You come to me?

I want to get washed up!

I'd rather be baptized by you.

No. We do well now to conform with all that God requires. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment