gospel
from Old English, gōd spell "good news"
a writing that describes the life of Jesus


Monday, February 15, 2010

you sons of snakes | cotton patch gospel | tom key


You sons of snakes! Tell me, who put the heat under you to run from the fury about to bust over your heads? You got to reshape your lives, because God's new order of the Spirit is confronting you.

You got to give me what? You got to give me what? You got to give me proof! Proof that you have had a changed life.

And don't you go feeding yourselves none of this "we good church folk" nonsense. I tell you right now: God could make good church folk out this pile of rocks right here. Hallelujah!

The chain saw is set at the trunk of the tree. And every tree that does not perform some worthwhile function, it's going to be cut down, it's going to be thrown into the fire, it's going be burnt up, hallelujah. Hallelujah! Can I hear a hallelujah?

I indeed dip you. I dip you in water. I dip you in a changed life. But he that's coming after me, he's so much more powerful than I am, I'm unworthy to shine his shoes, hallelujah! He's going to dip you ! He's going to dip you in fire! He's going to dip you in the Holy Spirit!

His combine's already running. He's going to give this field a thorough going over. He's going to store up the grain in the bin, and burn off the stubble. He's going to do it! Praise God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment